Friday, March 19, 2010

Fly on the wall





Ever wish you could be a fly on the wall? There are times I would love to be able to be one and be in on some of the conversations that I have heard re-told by my girlfriends. Recently, my girlfriend "Hi-Mae" had an issue with a local bakery in town. Now, you have to know Hi-Mae to truly appreciate this episode. She is one of the best story-tellers that I know and without being able to see the hand gestures you miss out the true "Hi-Mae' experience. Last night we were having a GNO and she was telling the story to everyone. She has a way with words and gestures that will about make you pee your pants. The story began with her telling us about the cake that she had ordered for her boys birthday party and how excited she was since her family was also in town for the event. The cake was due to be picked up on Saturday at noon and so "Hi-Mae" called her to check on the cake. She says that the lady told her that she was having a problem with another cake and was not able to get to hers today......What?????????@#, awkward silence......gulping breath...another awkward silence. Ummmm, my family is here and I ordered a cake and I do not care about your other cake issue. At this point I wish I could have been the fly on the wall to see the expression on her face and watch her husband attempting to calm her down. The bakery lady quickly told her that she could skip church and have it ready by Sunday morning. "Hi-Mae" hung the phone up and then was encouraged by her mom to call Publix. All went well and she was able to get a cake from Publix. By the time the story was over we were all laughing at the table because we all know her and love her. That is why I wish I could at times be a fly on the wall....She also blogs and her post on this "crazy cake escapade" was hilarious.

2 comments: