Thursday, February 25, 2010

Girl time is good for the soul!

I have always felt that women are so much more stressed than men. Now all you men out there understand that I am not putting you down at all...It is just that we put so much more on our shoulders and worry more than you do. We try to be the perfect mother, wife etc and sometimes we get lost somewhere in all the craziness.
Now, there are many ways to rejuvenate the soul. You can take up a hobby, read a book, take a mini vaction, or go to the spa (one of my all time favorites). I am a big reader and love to get away on a lazy afternoon. With so many demands on our time it is so important to take the time to rejuvenate. I feel that it makes me a better person overall. I do have to say that my favorite way to truly rejuvenate is to have some girl time with my friends. It is a time to laugh, joke and talk about what is going on in each others lives. I love to spend time with my girlfriends. We are such a diverse group of people that mesh so well together. When we are in our teens, it is difficult to make good girlfriends. There is so much competition in life at that age and it is hard to find those true girlfriends. I found that when I finally "came into my own as a woman" that my friendships became true. The worthiness of a friend should not be judged on the type of house they live in, how much money they have or how connected they are; instead it is the beauty of that person's soul. I have the best friends anyone could ask for. They are a funny, caring, compassionate group of women who come from different backgrounds. We are all different sizes, shapes and personalities but we all blend so well. We celebrate each others strengths and weaknesses and when one of us is weak the others are strong for that person. We have been together for the death of a parent, a sibling, weddings, divorces and illness. We stand together in the good times and bad and try to get together as often as time allows for a little rejuvenation for the body and soul. There is nothing like a GNO for making you a better woman! Remember to make time for the important things in life and there is nothing more important in life than your girlfriends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment